CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My baby vs jaundice,..

Syukur alhamdulillah, baby Zara has already recovered from jaundice. She got jaundice on the third day after birth. At first, we were told by the nurse from the Klinik Kesihatan that it's only mild. She then requested me and Razi to bring Zara for blood test. It was suprised that the reading is quite high that is 13. The symptoms:
♥ She sleeps alot and really hard to wake up to feed
♥ She refuses breastfeeding or bottle feeding
♥ She is sleepy all the time
♥ Her skin and eyeballs turning to yellow colour

The nurse then told me that the only solution is to breastfeed more frequently. It makes me feel more stressful. What if I cannot breastfeed my baby? I don't want my little one to suffer from this, but I don't know what to do. My baby keeps on rejecting my breastmilk. My colostrum, it seemed not enough, and I was totally fatigue.
So, as alternative Razi bought her formula milk 'ENFALAC' temporarily to get her blood counts back to normal.

Well, some say that most jaundice is not harmful to babies, in fact most babies are born with jaundice. However, looking at Zara case, it was like nightmares. She really looks sick and weak!
So, what I did to reduce the reading:
♥ Make sure that my baby get plenty fluid. To me it doesnt matter whether its breastmilk or formula, just dont let them become dehydrated.
♥ Take her to sunlight

If the babies' poo is yellow, its a good thing. The bilirubin is coming out.
Well, it was a rough time for me and Razi, but now we're super happy that Zara is recovering and ready for her Kenduri Akikah tomorrow. Her latest reading is 8

more on jaundice

0 comments: